- DoDI 1010.04 Problematic Substance Use by DoD Personnel - Establishes policies, assigns responsibilities, and prescribes procedures for problematic alcohol and drug use prevention, identification, diagnosis, and treatment for DoD military and civilian personnel
- DoDI 1010.01 Military Personnel Drug Abuse Testing Program (MPDATP) – Realigns responsibilities for drug detection and deterrence policy, education, and oversight; also issues guidance on the conduct of prevalence testing and the use of data from urinalysis testing
- DoDD 1010.09 DoD Civilian Employee Drug-Free Workplace Program - Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and prescribes procedures for establishing and maintaining a drug-free workplace program, including requirement of illegal drug use testing for Federal civilian personnel
Mental Health Care
- DoDI 6490.08 Command Notification Requirements to Dispel Stigma in Providing Mental Health Care to Service Members - Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities and prescribes procedures for healthcare providers for determining command notification requirements as applied to service members voluntarily seeking drug and alcohol abuse education (as distinguished from substance abuse treatment), requiring DoD personnel to receive education pertaining to drug and alcohol abuse
- AFI 44-121 Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment (ADAPT) Program – Provides guidance for the identification, treatment and management of personnel with substance use disorders (SUDs) and describes AF policy regarding alcohol abuse, prescription drug misuse, and drug abuse
- AR 600-85 The Army Substance Abuse Program – Governs the Army Substance Abuse Program and identifies Army policy on alcohol and other drug abuse, and identifies assigned responsibilities for implementing the program
- M1000. 4 Military Separations - This Commandant Change Notice publishes a change to Military Separations, COMDTINST M1000.4
- M1000.10A Military Drug Alcohol Policy - This Manual establishes Coast Guard policy concerning administration of military drug and alcohol policies. It also establishes performance and discipline standards for drug and alcohol incidents and provides standards by which these incidents will be properly adjudicated.
- Commandant Instructions 6200.1E CG Health Promotion Manual - This Manual establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides guidelines regarding physical fitness, nutrition, stress management, weight management, health risk reduction, substance abuse prevention, and unit health promotion program planning. It clarifies the roles and responsibilities of Commandant (CG-1111), the Health, Safety, and Work-Life Service Center (HSWL SC), Substance Abuse Prevention Specialists (SAPS), the Substance Abuse Prevention Program Supervisor (SAPPS), Command Drug and Alcohol Representatives (CDAR), Culinary Specialists (CS), and Health Services (HS) personnel
- M6320.5 CG Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment - This Manual establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides guidelines on substance abuse prevention, treatment, and unit health promotion program planning. It clarifies the roles and responsibilities of Commandant (CG-1111), the Health, Safety, and Work-Life Service Center (HSWL SC), Substance Abuse Prevention Specialists (SAPS), the Substance Abuse Prevention Program Supervisor (SAPPS), Command Drug and Alcohol Representatives (CDAR), and Health Services personnel.
- MCO 5300.17A Marine Corps Substance Abuse Program – Provides policy and procedural guidance to commanders, substance abuse personnel, and Marines in order to effectively utilize and execute the Marine Corps Substance Abuse Program
- OPNAV 5350.4D Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control – Provides comprehensive alcohol and other drug abuse prevention and control policy and procedures for all Navy military personnel and establishes regulations to enforce that policy; also assigns responsibilities for a unified Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention (NADAP) Program
- SECNAVINST 5300.28FE Military Substance Abuse Prevention and Control – Establishes policies, procedures and responsibilities for the the prevention and control of alcohol and drug abuse and incidents of impaired driving within the Department of the Navy (DON). Pursuant to reference (a) through (v) DON establishes Departmenteal responsibility for policy generation and operational accountability for policy generation and operational accountability for procedural execution.
- BUMEDINST 5350.4A Navy Medicine Alcohol and Drug Prevention Program - Establishes and publicizes policies and procedures for the Navy Medicine (NAVMED) Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Program per SECNAVINST 5300.28E and OPNAVINST 5350.4D
- BUMEDINST 5353.4B Standards for Provision of Substance Related Disorder Treatment Services - Updates a uniform set of standards for the provision of substance related disorder treatment services within the DON